Industry - Accounting Auditing, Bookkeeping, Industry - Quality Assurance, Food Safety & HACCP, Industry - Research & Development
MISSION AND KEY ROLE FOCUS
• Principal Scientist: Corbion’s ‘Meat Expert’
• Keeps internal Meat Technology and Ingredient Know-how up-to-date through training sessions, coaching (project) teams and individuals
• Manage and transfer of technical information within the Meat Industry, RDA and Sales teams (supported with up to date systems and documentation)
• Manage meat projects to ensure on time and on target delivery
• Represents Corbion’ s Meat Expertise in external forums, industry associations, academia, customers
• Subject matter expert to customers and sales related to use of Corbion’ s ingredients, application guidelines, formulations, production methods, troubleshooting, etc.
• Challenges and coaches technology and application leads in developing the right capabilities and methodologies, development of technology strategies and external expertise identification
• External: reputation and representation of Corbion Meat Technology and Ingredients
• Internal: training and development of Meat Technology and Ingredient expertise in Sales, RDA and other functions if required, including knowledge management and transfer of technical information.
Subject matter expert
• Contributes (with other subject matter experts in technology and application teams and from external party/network) to the quality of the RDA input in Meat related projects, and provide technical insights as well as insights in industry status (technology trends, NBA, science/knowledge).
• Brings in and translates scientific knowledge to projects and to the business.
• Liaison with Universities, Research Institutes and other external labs, Consultants
Coordinator/Owner of application work stream pipeline (projects type 1,2, sales support)
• Allocation of application resources in line with business priorities
• Flags priority clashes on time for decision within leadership team
• Safeguards quality and efficiency of the application team
• Secures data reporting and management of application knowledge and provides for use by sales/business
Project leader or member of application/innovation projects
• Conducts and/or manages application/innovation projects independently and/or in collaboration with both internal and external partners. This includes ideation, reviewing and identifying new projects, developing and executing the technical plans, collecting and analyzing data, communicating results and project status, generating reports, making presentations, transfer bench top development to pilot or plant scale production.
•Participates effectively on cross functional project teams that may include representatives/peers from RDA, Sales, Technical Services, Business, Marketing, Operations, etc. as the needs of the project dictate.
•Ability to provide oversight and management to synthesize/bring synergy to multiple initiatives by establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently, adjusting priorities, establishing management routines to effectively track progress and identify issues; removing barriers and leveraging resources.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Minimum 4 year degree in food science, meat science or microbiology, advance degree preferred
• Minimum 10 years related industrial experience, advance degree can substitute for experience
• Good communication skills with different levels of people and expertise. Ability to present technical information to customers, technical conferences and upper management
• Up to date working knowledge on meat processes, food safety microbiology and industry best practices
• Strongly networked into the meat industry, academia and associations
• Customer focus, drive for results/can-do mentality: work with high motivation and passion to deliver results
• Creative, and knowledgeable team player: Ability to help Corbion to continuously make the difference on meat formulation and processing
• Self-starter/time-management: Able to initiate projects and bring new ideas into the organization. Capable of self-management, and multiple project/tasks management Our Offer:
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. What makes Corbion special is the way we consciously create that connection between the product of our work and our individual lives and use it to shape our choices and our priorities as a company. We have a great company made up of talented, dedicated people – people who share a purpose and a vision. When we all understand how we intend to get there in the same way, there’s no telling how far we can go. We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
• Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
• International focus with truly diverse teams
• Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of biobased products. We invest in relevant training courses related to your particular discipline, that will give you the opportunity to grow into an industry expert
• Lastly, we offer a friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects
At Corbion We Look For Employees Who Can:
SET CLEAR DIRECTION: Explain clearly where we are heading, why and how we will get there
MAKE THE DIFFERENCE: Deliver results and quality while managing change
FOCUS ON CUSTOMERS: Consistently meet the expectations of internal and external customers
DELIVER THROUGH TEAMWORK: Engage, motivate, challenge and support employees and teams
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. We develop sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. We are a global food ingredient supplier for leading food manufacturers. We strive to be the leader in keeping food tasty, consistent and fully safe from date of production to day of consumption. With our proven food solutions based on conscious choices, we work side by side and empower our customers to grow and to create affordable food, in the markets of meat, beverage, bakery, confectionery, and dairy, that people love and can safely enjoy with their friends and family, just as we enjoy with ours.