Makes phone sales calls to current and prospective customers to sell meat processing, packaging equipment and operational supplies. Assist with in-house customer demonstrations when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Make phone sales calls to current and prospective customers to introduce new and existing products.
• Provide assistance before, during and after customer demonstrations and seminars (Ultrasource Academy), including preparations, operations and clean-up.
• Document all calls in the company's CRM database, Syteline
• Communicate with the sales personnel of equipment (processing, packaging, and labeling) on potential leads for follow up closing calls.
• Gain understanding of basic equipment (including vacuum stuffers, injectors, smokehouses, bowl choppers, packaging equipment etc.) functions and product applications working in our state-of-the-art meat processing kitchen.
• Attend weekly sales meetings of functional groups.
• Some travel to customer locations to better understand equipment and product applications and assist with demonstrations.
• Observes all safety and security procedures for your area. Uses equipment and materials properly and reports potentially unsafe conditions to management.
• Other duties may be assigned
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
• Currently enrolled in a college program focusing on either meat science, food science, ag business, business, sales, entrepreneurship, or one year related experience.
• Completed college coursework in meat science, food technology, or agricultural science preferred.
• University meat lab or hands on experience in processing plant is a plus.
• CRM software experience preferred.
• Microsoft Word –intermediate knowledge.
• MS Excel – intermediate knowledge.
• MS Outlook – intermediate knowledge.
Other Skills and Knowledge
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with equipment product line managers and supplies sales personnel
• Excellent verbal communication skills especially in the use of the phone to make sales calls.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is usually quiet and climate controlled. However, the job occasionally requires exposure to moving mechanical parts, industrial machinery, moderate noise, and hot or cold ambient temperatures.
Since our founding in 1883, UltraSource has served the processing and packaging equipment needs of thousands of companies worldwide in the meat and poultry, seafood, produce, dairy, medical, and pharmaceutical industries. Whether it's kill floor, further processing, vacuum or modified atmosphere packaging, or high-speed labeling, our comprehensive offering includes hundreds of products that enable... us to custom tailor equipment solutions that meet the production line objectives, labor goals, budget constraints, and brand image of our customers.